Cheesy Breadsticks Wrapped in Bacon
Crispy. Chewy. Cheesy. These Bacon Wrapped Breadsticks will be the hit of any party you throw. It starts with homemade pizza dough, adds a twist of bacon and is rolled in shredded cheese. It is truly an indulgent appetizer your guests will devour.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 12 large Breadsticks 1x
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- One Ball of Homemade Pizza Dough
- 12 strips of Thick Center Cut Bacon
- 1/4 cup Butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Roll out the ball of homemade pizza dough to an oval/rectangular shape. Using a pizza cutter, slice the dough into 12 strips.
- Lay a piece of uncooked bacon onto a strip of dough. Holding each end, begin to twist until it looks like a candy cane.
- Brush the melted butter on each breadstick and roll it in the shredded parmesan cheese.
- Place the breadsticks on a wire rack placed over a cookie sheet and bake for about 25 minutes or until the bacon is cooked through and the bread is a golden brown.
- Let cool slightly before eating.
- Serve them with your favorite marinara sauce.
- A pizza cutter works great for cutting the dough into strips.
- Twist in opposite directions from both ends until you get a nice candy-cane look. You want the bacon and the dough to basically be the same length when starting.
- When picking out the type of bacon you want to use, go for the thick center cut bacon. The center cut bacon is meatier with less fat, therefore it doesn’t shrink up near as much.
- A harder cheese like parmesan works best but you can use whatever type of cheese you want. I just would stay away from the soft type cheeses.
- Use a cookie sheet with a wire rack on top so that they would cook evenly on all sides. Lining the pan with foil or parchment papers makes for easier cleanup.
- What you’re looking for is a nice golden brown crust, bacon that is crispy and cheese that is not burnt.
- Fill small plastic appetizer cups and let your guest have their own individual serving. This removes any possibility of “double dipping” which is a party no-no!
- Serving Size: 1 large Breadstick
- Calories: 191
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 831 mg
- Fat: 14 g
- Saturated Fat: 8 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 2 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 15 g
- Cholesterol: 37 mg
Keywords: cheesy breadsticks, cheese breadsticks, homemade breadsticks,