Cheesy Breadsticks Wrapped in Bacon
Crispy. Chewy. Cheesy. These Bacon Wrapped Breadsticks will be the hit of any party you throw. It starts with homemade pizza dough, adds a twist of bacon and is rolled in shredded cheese. It is truly an indulgent appetizer your guests will devour.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 12 large Breadsticks 1x
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- One Ball of Homemade Pizza Dough
- 12 strips of Thick Center Cut Bacon
- 1/4 cup Butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Roll out the ball of homemade pizza dough to an oval/rectangular shape 12 inches long by 8 inches wide. Using a pizza cutter, slice the dough width-wise into 12 strips.
- Lay a piece of uncooked bacon onto a strip of dough. Holding each end, begin to twist until it looks like a candy cane.
- Brush the melted butter on each breadstick and roll it in the shredded parmesan cheese.
- Place the breadsticks on a wire rack placed over a cookie sheet and bake for about 25-30 minutes or until the bacon is cooked crispy and the bread is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool slightly before eating.
- Serve them with my spaghetti marinara sauce.
- A pizza cutter works great for cutting the dough into strips.
- Twist in opposite directions from both ends until you get a nice candy-cane look. You want the bacon and the dough to basically be the same length when starting.
- When picking out the type of bacon you want to use, go for the thick center-cut bacon. The center-cut bacon is meatier with less fat, therefore it doesn't shrink up near as much.
- A harder cheese like parmesan works best but you can use whatever type of cheese you want. I just would stay away from the soft type cheeses.
- Use a cookie sheet with a wire rack on top so that they would cook evenly on all sides. Lining the pan with foil or parchment papers makes for easier cleanup.
- What you're looking for is a nice golden brown crust, bacon that is crispy and cheese that is not burnt.
- Fill small plastic appetizer cups and let your guest have their own individual serving. This removes any possibility of "double dipping" which is a party no-no!
- Serving Size: 1 large Breadstick
- Calories: 191
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 831 mg
- Fat: 14 g
- Saturated Fat: 8 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 2 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 15 g
- Cholesterol: 37 mg
Keywords: cheesy breadsticks, cheese breadsticks, homemade breadsticks, breadsticks recipe, pizza dough breadstick