The Best Meatball Sub Sandwich
There's nothing like a messy, cheesy classic meatball sub that you can throw in the mix of a game day party. Tender oven-baked meatballs rest on a toasted hoagie roll with a bottom layer of sliced provolone cheese. The finale comes in the form of mozzarella and parmesan broiled to a bubbly delight.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 minutes
- Total Time: 14 minutes
- Yield: 4 Sub Sandwiches 1x
- Category: Sandwiches
- Method: Broil
- Cuisine: American/Italian
- Four Hoagie Rolls
- Eight Slices of Provolone Cheese
- 12 large Oven-Baked Meatballs (or enough to fill the rolls)
- 2 cups of Marinara/Pasta Sauce.
- 1 cup freshly grated Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
- Turn your oven setting to broil.
- Slice four hoagie rolls horizontally. Be careful not to cut all the way through.
- Place each roll onto a baking sheet.
- Lay 2 slices of Provolone cheese on each of the four hoagie buns.
- Set the rolls under the broiler for a couple of minutes until the cheese is melted. Watch closely because this will not take long.
- Place 3 large meatballs (a total of 12) on each hoagie roll.
- Divide 2 cups of marinara/pasta sauce into 1/2 cup servings—Laddle over the meatballs.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup each of shredded mozzarella and 1/8 cup each of shredded parmesan cheese over each meatball sub.
- Broil for 1-2 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and the edges of the roll are nicely toasted.
- Serving Size: 1 Hoagie Sub
- Calories: 808
- Sugar: 10 g
- Sodium: 2169 mg
- Fat: 43 g
- Saturated Fat: 21 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 7 g
- Trans Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 65 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 48 g
- Cholesterol: 107 mg
Keywords: meatball sub recipe, meatball sub, meatball subs, meatball subs recipe, meatball sandwich