Roasted Green Beans with Sundried Tomatoes and Kalamata Olives
These fresh green beans are an easy but “elegant” side dish to any dinner party or holiday table. They are roasted to a perfect tenderness and infused with flavor from feta cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, and kalamata olives.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 10 servings 1x
- Category: Vegetable Side Dish
- Method: Roasting
- Cuisine: American
- 2 pounds Fresh Green Beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt, to taste
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- 6 oz Herb and Garlic Feta Cheese, crumbles
- 1/2 cup Oil Packed Sun-dried Tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup Kalamata Olives, halved
- 1 medium Lemon, freshly squeezed
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Oregano, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Line two baking sheets with foil.
- In a large bowl, drizzle the olive oil over the green beans and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Gently toss to coat.
- Divide the green beans between the two baking sheets. Spread the beans in an even layer and roast for 15 minutes.
- Flip the beans with a large spatula and return the pans to the oven. Roast another 10-15 minutes until the beans become slightly wrinkled and are brown in spots.
- Combine beans, feta cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, olives, lemon juice and oregano. Serve immediately.
- Fresh is always the best and healthiest option for vegetables. Be sure and choose the beans that are bright green and free from spots and or blemishes. Avoid skinny, flimsy beans and pick those that are nice and firm.
- Do not wash the beans until ready to cook otherwise the moisture could create mold.
- Place a paper towel in a ziplock bag, add the green beans, push out as much air as you can and seat it. Store the bag in the vegetable crisper drawer of your refrigerator for up to a week.
- Choose the julienne cut sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil. Since they’re already cut for you, it makes prep so much easier.
- Snap the ends of the beans off and if the beans are really long snap them in two.
- Spread the green beans in a single layer on two large cookie sheets. If they’re too close together or one bean on top of another they will steam instead of roast.
- Serving Size: 1 side dish portion
- Calories: 176
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 659 mg
- Fat: 13 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 7 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 12 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 6 g
- Cholesterol: 15 mg
Keywords: Roasted Green Beans Recipe, Oven Roasted Green Beans, Roasted Green Beans