Roasted Carrots with Honey
Experience the ultimate indulgence with every bite of Honey Glazed Carrots bathed in an irresistible orange-honey syrup. These beautiful, colorful veggies are a feast for the eyes and the taste buds, as they roast to perfection with a coating of golden honey and fresh orange juice.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Yield: 6 side servings
- Category: Vegetable Side Dish
- Method: Oven Roasted
- Cuisine: American
3 tablespoons Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice
1 teaspoon Orange Zest
5 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
2 tablespoons Bacon Grease (or butter)
Pinch of Salt
2 Bunches of Rainbow Carrots, whole
Sea Salt, for sprinkling after roasting (optional)
Parsley, chopped (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 450° F.
- Combine the orange juice, zest, honey or maple syrup, and bacon grease.
- Place parchment paper on two separate baking sheets. Place the larger carrots on one and the smaller ones on another.
- Using a basting brush, apply the syrup mixture on all sides of the carrots.
- Begin roasting the larger carrots in the oven first - 15 minutes before the smaller ones go in the oven. Baste with the syrup mixture every 10-15 minutes while turning the carrots over with each application. Roast the larger carrots for 60 minutes total and the smaller ones for 45 minutes total or until tender.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with sea salt (optional) and parsley (optional).
- Serve immediately.
- This recipe calls for bacon grease, but butter works just as well.
- The larger carrots need a 15-minute head start in the oven. Therefore I use two baking sheets, one for the larger carrots and another for the smaller ones. Also, "a word to the wise, " definitely use parchment paper or you'll spend all evening scrubbing the pans.
- Basting often is the key to this dish. Brush the carrots with the syrup mixture every 10 minutes or so while turning them over each time. This is what creates that nice caramelized coating.
- Serving Size: 1 side dish
- Calories: 99
- Sugar: 14 g
- Sodium: 26 mg
- Fat: 4 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 15 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 14 mg
Keywords: honey glazed carrots recipe, roasted carrots with honey, candied carrots recipe, caramelized carrots, honey carrots