Watermelon Arugula Salad
Quick and Easy Pickled Red OnionsThis salad is light and fresh with a tanginess from the pickled onions. When you add mint and feta, there is an explosion of flavors that will leave you wanting more.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Salad
- Method: Tossing
- Cuisine: American
- 6 cups packed Arugula, washed and spun dried
- 4 tablespoons Poppy Seed Salad Dressing (store-bought)
- 2 tablespoons White Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 cups Seedless Watermelon, cut in 1-inch cubes
- 6 oz Feta Cheese, cut in 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup Pickled Red Onions
- 1 oz Mint Leaves (about one cup), julienne
- Wash and spin dry the arugula.
- In a small bowl whisk 4 tablespoons poppy seed dressing and 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar.
- In a large bowl, lightly toss the 6 cups packed arugula with half the salad dressing mixture.
- Top the arugula with 3 cups cubed watermelon, 6 ounces cubed feta cheese, 1/4 cup pickled onions and 1 ounce julienned mint leaves.
- Gently toss again and drizzle the remaining dressing on top.
- Serve immediately as the arugula will begin to wilt if it sits on the salad too long.
- Three Secrets to Choosing a Ripe Watermelon
- Look for a yellow “field spot.” A yellow spot from where it rested on the ground is probably the best indication that the watermelon is ripe. It demonstrates that the melon was sitting in the field longer while ripening on the vine. If the spot is white, it has not fully matured yet.
- Whether it’s large or small, it should feel heavy for its size. This usually means it’s full of water and will be juicier when you slice it open.
- Give it a thump with your knuckles. A ripe watermelon should have a deep, hollow sound when thumped. If it is under or over-ripened the sound will be dull.
- Serving Size: 1/6 of Salad
- Calories: 203
- Sugar: 8 g
- Sodium: 469 mg
- Fat: 12 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 18 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 7 g
- Cholesterol: 15 mg
Keywords: watermelon salad with Feta, watermelon feta salad arugula, watermelon salad recipe