Sheet Pan Roasted Vegetables and Potatoes
These Sheet Pan Roasted Vegetables and Potatoes with Garlic and Herbs are brimming with vibrant colors. The dish has an array of flavors and textures along with nutrients that will boost your overall health.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 8 side dish servings 1x
- Category: Veggies and Side Dishes
- Method: Roasting
- Cuisine: American
- 1 large Sweet Potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 small Butternut Squash, seeded, peeled and cubed
- 1 pound Brussel Sprouts, parboiled and halved
- 1 pound Baby Red Potatoes, parboiled and halved
- 1 large Red Bell Pepper, seeded and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 large Orange Bell Pepper, seeded and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 large Red Onion, quartered and cut into large strips
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Rosemary, chopped & divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Thyme, chopped & divided
- 8 large Garlic Cloves, minced & divided
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil, divided
- Kosher Salt, to taste
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425° F. Line two cooking trays with either foil or parchment paper.
- Combine butternut squash and sweet potato in a medium-size bowl with half the rosemary and thyme, 1/2 the minced garlic, 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Spread on one of the lined trays. Place in the oven and roast for 30-40 minutes.
- Combine the parboiled Brussel sprouts and potatoes, bell peppers and red onion with the remaining herbs, garlic, olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Spread on the other lined tray and add to the oven after the squash and sweet potatoes have been roasting for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Roast until the veggies are soft when poked with a fork and are charred on the edges.
- Combine all the veggies together in one serving bowl.
- Parboiling the baby red potatoes and Brussel sprouts help them to better soften while roasting.
- Toss the veggies with a generous amount of olive oil. Use your hands to coat every piece.
- Line the pans with either foil or parchment paper for easy cleanup.
- Use two pans for roasting the veggies. Do not over-crowd the veggies as they will steam instead of roast.
- Roast the butternut squash and sweet potato separate from the other veggies as they take longer to cook than the other veggies, about 30-40 minutes. Add the tray of other veggies after 10 or 15 minutes. This way all the veggies will be done cooking at approximately the same time.
- Serving Size: 1 1/2 - 2 cups of Veggies
- Calories: 176
- Sugar: 6 g
- Sodium: 161 mg
- Fat: 6 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 5 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 30 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 4 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: sheet pan roasted vegetables, roasted veggies recipe, oven roasted vegetables and potatoes