For the Filling:
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- Loosen the skin on two large chicken breasts and generously salt and pepper under the skin and all over each breast.
- Pour 32 ounces of chicken stock into a Dutch oven and add the chicken breasts.
- Cook in the oven for 50-60 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer registers 160°F in the thickest part of the chicken. Times may vary depending on the size of the breasts.
- Remove the chicken to a plate and cover it with foil. When cooled, remove the bone and cut it into cubes.
- Strain the broth and reserve it for the filling.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 400°F.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Add 1 medium sweet onion chopped, 2 celery stalks cut into 1/2 inch chunks, and six whole garlic cloves peeled to the Dutch oven.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir frequently and cook until the veggies are lightly brown and tender about 8-10 minutes.
- Add 1 heaping cup of sliced baby Bella mushrooms and 1/2 cup of frozen petite whole onions. Cook for about 4 minutes.
- Add the reserved broth and 3/4 cup of dry white wine. Bring to a boil and scrape the browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Add 3/4 lb of small red potatoes cut into 1-inch cubes, 2 large carrots cut into 1-inch cubes, 1/2 cup frozen corn, and 1/2 cup frozen peas.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for about 25 minutes or until potatoes and carrots are tender. You may need to add a little bit more chicken stock if it is low.
- Bring to a boil again. Whisk together the 1/2 cup flour and 3/4 cup water. And stir 1/2 of the flour/water mixture into the boiling broth. Continue to add more until it becomes a thick sauce.
- Add cubed chicken and 1 tablespoon of chopped thyme.
For the Puff Pastry Crust:
- For the bottom crust: dust a surface with flour, unfold 2 sheets of Puff Pastry and roll out to 9x17 each. Place one sheet in the refrigerator covered with plastic wrap until ready to roll out.
- Use 2-cup capacity ramekins that are 5 inches in diameter, and cut 4 circles from the puff pastry that are 3 inches larger than the rim of your ramekins.
- Gently press the circles into the bottom and sides of the ramekins. Gently crimp the edge down over the outside of the rim. It should hang down about 1 inch from the top.
- Prick the dough with a fork along both the bottom and the sides. Place ramekins on a rimmed cookie sheet and bake until they are lightly browned - approximately 13-15 minutes.
- For the top crust: Use 2 more sheets of puff pastry. Unfold each sheet and roll it out to 9x15 inches. Cut 4 circles that are 1 inch larger than the rim of your ramekins. Cover these circles with plastic wrap and store them in the fridge until ready to add them to the top of the ramekins.
For the Pot Pies:
- Spoon in about 1 1/2 cups of the chicken filling into the ramekins with the baked bottom crusts.
- Lay the smaller Puff Pastry circle over the filling and gently crimp down onto the bottom crust.
- Cut 4 or 5 slits in the crust to let the steam out as it cooks.
- Brush the crust with egg wash and bake in the 400°F oven for 22-25 minutes until golden brown.