Peach Bourbon Smash
Fresh Peach Bourbon Smash embarks on a journey by marrying the vibrant flavors of muddled peaches and fragrant basil, concluding with a generous pour of bourbon. It's a tantalizing experience that beckons you to sip, savor, and revel in every luxurious note.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 Cocktail 1x
- Category: Cocktails
- Method: None
- Cuisine: American
- 1/2 large Ripe Peach, peeled and cut in cubes
- 5 to 6 Basil Leaves
- Juice from 1/2 large Lemon
- 1 to 1 1/2 oz Simple Syrup (adjust to taste)
- 2 - 3 oz Bourbon (adjust to taste)
- Basil leaves for garnishment, optional
- Peach Slices for garnishment, optional
- Muddle 1/2 ripe cubed peach and 5-6 basil leaves in a rocks glass.
- Add juice from 1/2 fresh lemon and 1 - 1 1/2 ounces of simple syrup.
- Add 2-3 ounces of bourbon and stir together.
- Add crushed ice to fill the glass. Stir vigorously to chill.
- Garnish with peach slices and basil leaves.
- Simple syrup is "simply" one cup of sugar dissolved into 1 cup boiling water and cooled. Store simple syrup in the refrigerator for up to one month.
- An over-ripe peach for muddling is the best because it is extra sweet with a rich peach flavor.
- An added bonus to this bourbon cocktail is the booze-soaked fruit. You don't want to muddle to a mushy mess because the chunks of peaches at the bottom of the glass are as delightful as the drink itself.
- Serving Size: 1 Cocktail
- Calories: 253
- Sugar: 24 g
- Sodium: 4 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 31 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: bourbon smash, bourbon smash recipe, whiskey smash, bourbon cocktail