Apple Cider Cocktail with Bourbon
There's no better way to savor the flavors of fall than with a delicious Apple Cider Cocktail infused with the warm, mellow notes of bourbon. This seasonal sipper perfectly embodies Autumn, combining the nostalgic comfort of apple cider with the sophisticated spirit of bourbon.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 cocktail 1x
- Category: Cocktails
- Method: Stir
- 3 ounces Bourbon
- 1 ounce Fresh Apple Cider
- 1/2 ounce Benedictine Liqueur
- 1/2 ounce Sweet Vermouth
- 1/2 ounce Fresh Lemon Juice
- Dash of Orange Bitters
- Dried Apple Slice and Star Anise. Optional garnishment.
- Add Ice to a large cocktail stirring glass and pour in 3 ounces of bourbon, 1 ounce of apple cider, 1/2 ounce each of Benedictine, sweet vermouth, and fresh lemon juice, and a dash of bitters.
- Stir the cocktail gently and smoothly with a long bar spoon until the drink is thoroughly chilled.
- Strain the ice with a cocktail strainer into a coupe glass.
- Garnish with a dried apple slice and a star anise (optional).
- A coupe cocktail glass is a great option, but any whiskey glass will work as well.
- While this recipe is designed for a single cocktail, you can easily scale it up to create a large batch for a party. To determine the quantities for your desired number of guests, simply multiply the ingredients by the number of people you plan to serve. (See above the post for a 20-person recommendation).
- For the best taste and quality, it's generally recommended to prepare the cocktail on the day you plan to serve it, especially if you want to enjoy the freshest and most vibrant flavors.
- I prefer bourbon with this cocktail, although other alcohols pair well with apple cider including rum and different whiskeys. Spiced rum would be a good choice. These darker spirits complement the apple cider well. Lighter alcohol like vodka, gin, and tequila can also make interesting drinks with apple cider, but I wouldn't recommend them for this cocktail, given the vermouth and Benedictine.
- Just a little warning: While it may seem like a sweet mellow indulgence, it's essential to remember that this drink indeed carries a significant alcoholic content below its smooth but deceptive surface.
- If you would like to taste more of the apple cider, you can adjust it according to your taste preference.
- Serving Size: 1 Cocktail
- Calories: 283
- Sugar: 5 g
- Sodium: 10 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 7 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: apple cider cocktail, more apple cider cocktails, apple cider drink, apple cider bourbon cocktail